question

jean-francoisroux avatar image
jean-francoisroux asked

Easy to create this idea with PlayFab ?,Playfab is the right tools ?

Hey guys, how easy/difficult this idea can be implemented using PlayFab ?

* Challenges with start/stop time and specific game data

* First half of challenge: Users post a TowerDefense (aka some small data)

* Second half : Randomly play again others TowerDefense and post defeat/success for that player

* Leaderboard appear at end where score is calculated from your TowerDefense defeat/success

How easy/difficult this idea can be implemented using PlayFab ?

* Challenges with start/stop time and specific game data

* First half of challenge: Users post a TowerDefense (aka some small data)

* Second half : Randomly play again others TowerDefense and post defeat/success for that player

* Leaderboard appear at end where score is calculated from your TowerDefense defeat/success

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Yes, Playfab is capable of doing these.

>> Challenges with start/stop time and specific game data

Depending on whether you need to be freely modified by the user, you can use UserData or UserReadOnlyData to store time and Game Data(We provide very detailed tutorial on Player Data:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/playerdata/quickstart).

>> First half of challenge: Users post a TowerDefense (aka some small data)

UserData can suit this scenario, setup Permission property as Public when updates. Then, it can be accessed by other Player, and only needs to specify the PlayfabID of the requested Player in the api request(GetUserData).

>> Second half : Randomly play again others TowerDefense and post defeat/success for that player

MatchMaking in PlayFab Multiplayer is currently in Public Preview and provides a great way to help your users find each other. After the game is over, you can update results using Cloudscript.

>> Leaderboard appear at end where score is calculated from your TowerDefense defeat/success

PlayFab provides a full-featured Leaderboard for various scenarios. We have step-by-step Quickstart on our Documentation website: Tournaments & Leaderboards

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Additional: It sounds like you're talking about global challenge definitions on the first item, yes? If so, then yes, you could define those values in Title Data so that all players are using the same information.

0 Likes 0 ·
jean-francoisroux avatar image jean-francoisroux brendan commented ·

Your are right, for challenges I think to use Title Data.

For matchmaking, now I check if I leaderboard can do the job (I need a simple async random matchmaking)

Finally I may go for Cloudscript to store success/failed of each user and to update new statistics leaderboard score

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.