question

aaronbuhr avatar image
aaronbuhr asked

Can Cloudscript call the server matchmaking functions?

CloudScriptMatchmaking
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aaronbuhr avatar image aaronbuhr commented ·

I missed adding the detail to the question. We are trying to accomplish client-based hosting (peer to peer gameplay) and had the idea of using cloudscript to allow a client to call the server matchmaking functions. However that doesn't seem to work.

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

The client can call any Cloud Script that is available by using the ExecuteCloudScript API call, and Cloud Script itself can call any of the Matchmaking API calls under Multiplayer category. Could you provide more details? Such as the specific problem or error you're having.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
aaronbuhr avatar image
aaronbuhr answered

It appears I had an error in my Cloudscript javascript, and subsequent tests are working for me. I'm not sure if there are any adverse implications of starting the matchmaking process (RegisterGame) multiple times simultaneously through Cloudscript, but for now I'm operational as desired and moving forward. Thank you for the speedy reply.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.