question

Duc Nguyen avatar image
Duc Nguyen asked

About Player data share

Hello Everybody,

I have a problem designing the system:
- My game allows to create Male or Female characters. Should I use the character creation feature? Or just save the value of Male - Female to User Data.
- Players can buy items of Pants, Clothes, Hair, Accessories ... and wear it => I want to display this information to other players: the equipment is wearing. What kind of data should I use? User data or Public data or ....? Can the user data be changed by the client? Suppose if using User data, how can we confirm it?
- Leaderboard: How to display statistics information to other players? I have the same idea as using User data, cloudscript will write satistic data to User data to display to other players, but how to authenticate it if the client changes itself?
Thank you

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

>> My game allows to create Male or Female characters. Should I use the character creation feature? Or just save the value of Male - Female to User Data.

It depends on whether you need to add multiple characters to a single player account. If only one character in a player account, save the value in User Data. Otherwise, using characters system would be a good idea.

>> Players can buy items of Pants, Clothes, Hair, Accessories ... and wear it => I want to display this information to other players: the equipment is wearing. What kind of data should I use? User data or Public data or ....? Can the user data be changed by the client? Suppose if using User data, how can we confirm it?

UserData can suit your scenario, setup Permission property as Public when updates (As shown below). Then, it can be accessed by other Player, and only needs to specify the PlayfabID of the requested Player in the api request(GetUserData).

Besides, If you want nothing be abusing by client, User Read Only Data can be more suitable.

>>Leaderboard: How to display statistics information to other players? I have the same idea as using User data, cloudscript will write satistic data to User data to display to other players, but how to authenticate it if the client changes itself?

The statistics information can be displayed without userdata. GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer API can retrieve the statistics and rank of requested player, and anyone can call to get it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Duc Nguyen avatar image Duc Nguyen commented ·

thanks for your information. I wonder about player data (title) and player data (publisher). other players can not see the player data (title) data. It’s right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image Hernando Duc Nguyen commented ·

It must be clarified that UserPublisherData used to save information about a player relevant to all titles in your studio but PlayerData is specific to a game title. And both of them can set data permissions. (The part that may be confusing you, I have modified it, and more information about them please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/playerdata/using-player-publisher-data )

0 Likes 0 ·
Duc Nguyen avatar image Duc Nguyen commented ·

Thanks so much for the useful information. I am continuing to go with my project. thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.