question

TheL0w3R avatar image
TheL0w3R asked

Completely delete an user account from my players database!

Hi! I've created some accounts for testing, can I delete them?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you mean player accounts, then yes, you can use the Admin/DeleteUsers API call to remove the user accounts. If you mean a developer account, just let us know at devrel@playfab.com and we'll take care of it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

TheL0w3R avatar image
TheL0w3R answered

Thanks for answering, but.. How do I call that function?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can call it via any Web API-capable tool. My own personal preference is for Postman (http://www.getpostman.com/), for which we've also posted a complete Collection, for easy use of the PlayFab API methods. Alternately, you can just call it from the "Try It" functionality in the documentation page (http://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Admin/method/DeleteUsers).

10 |1200

TheL0w3R avatar image
TheL0w3R answered

I tried it but the user didn't got deleted, I mean deleting users from here:

Thanks again!

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Ah, I see. That list is just a stored query of players at a point in time. If you click into the account, you'll find that all its info has been deleted. And, after you've had more players sign in, that entry will eventually scroll off the Players list. For a high DAU game, that would happen quite quickly.

10 |1200

TheL0w3R avatar image
TheL0w3R answered

Alright! Thanks for answering again!! :D

10 |1200

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

EDIT: Resolved - needed to use [] isntead of {} for json array oops. Also needed to turn on API feat delete users

Try It isn't working for this section:

{
 "code": 503,
 "status": "Service Unavailable",
 "error": "Connection error",
 "errorCode": 2,
 "errorMessage": "",
 "CallBackTimeMS": 195
}
10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, the issue with Try It has indeed been reported, and the tools team is working on resolving it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.