question

michaelbb avatar image
michaelbb asked

Cloudscript Limit

Hi there,

I am currently working on an UWP quiz app for Windows 10. It's intended that the player can purchase items, VC... As you mentioned many times, you don't "trust" the client, it's not recommended to allow the user to increase/reduce VC. The recommended way would be to implement this via cloudscript.

Now that I am on the essential tier, there is a limit of 15 cloudscript executions. Does that mean if 20 players execute via cloudscript that does not work for me? Could you explain what does this limit mean? 15 times per hour, for all players of the game?

Many thanks,

Michael

CloudScriptLeaderboards and Statisticswindows
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Specifically, the limit is on the number of Server API calls that can be made from a Cloud Script in a single execution pass triggered by a call to ExecuteCloudScript (PlayStream Action triggered scripts have a lower limit, as they may run more frequently). However, please bear in mind:

1. That's only the limit for scripts kicked off by a call to ExecuteCloudScript. PlayStream Action triggered scripts have a lower limit, as they can run more often.

2. Different calls take different amounts of time. Too many calls could push you over the runtime limit, so that's also something you'll want to monitor.

3. Most importantly, this isn't a "workaround" for letting the client make more calls. The way to think about the service usage is that you should be targeting no more than a dozen or so calls per minute per client, averaged across the lifetime of the player session (that is, total calls on behalf of a single client, whether called from the client, a Cloud Script, or a custom server). So, bursts of calls are fine (particularly at the end of a level), so long as the average works out to be a reasonable level.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.