question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

OAuth consent screen and Playfab: Can't verify because I don't own playfab.com domain

I'm having problem with the OAuth consent screen section of the Google console.

My credentials require https://0123.playfabapi.com and https://oauth.playfab.com/oauth2/google, so

playfab.com and playfabapi.com show up in the consent screen (see pic).

To not be limited to 100 users my app, it's a generic game with no special needs other than a standard GPG login, has to have it's consent screen verified by Google. At least that's what I think. Their documentation is vage.

Problem is, you can only put domains as authorized domains that you own:

To protect you and your users, Google restricts your OAuth 2.0 application to using Authorized Domains. If you have verified the domain with Google, you can use any Top Private Domain as an Authorized Domain.

I obviously don't own playfab.com and therefore cannot authorize my consent screen.

I'm sure I'm not the first person going public with a mobile game using Playfab.

Do I need to fill out the consent screen? Currently it's stuck in verification and I can't login in at all (blank consent screen ingame).

Does the 100 user limit even apply to me if I would go live?

How did other games solve this? playfab/playfabapi can't just be removed there, so there must be a solution.

apisunity3dsdksandroid
domains.jpg (20.0 KiB)
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 v-humcin ♦ commented ·

Yes. The login itself kind of works.

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ drallcom3 commented ·

Which section of guide did you encounter this issue at? Also to help with debugging, did you use the sample project in the guide or did you use your own project?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

Are you using any sensitive scopes in the Scopes for Google API section? If not, then you might not need to have a a verified consent screen. When you said it is stuck on verifying does that mean you have already pressed the "Submit for Verification button"? It might be a case where you will have to wait for the verification process to continue first, however I do not have information on how long that may take on Google's side.

10 |1200

Sergey Yakovlev avatar image
Sergey Yakovlev answered
@drallcom3 did you actually resolve this? How?

@v_humcin for Google Plug-in in Playfab I think I need to have ".../auth/userinfo.profile" scope mentioned on OAuth Consent Screen. Although this is not explicitly mentioned in the Playfab guide, I deduce that from code snippet there:

.AddOauthScope("profile")

In email from Google I got:

Please Note: Third party domain not owned by you, or domains that are hosted by a third party site, or redirects to third party sites are not permitted.

You must follow these requirements to continue with verification. If you don't follow these requirements, we may have to reject your request.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.