question

Przemek avatar image
Przemek asked

PhotonApplicationNotAssociatedWithTitle - Need Help

Hi,

We are developing the big update for Eight-Minute Empire and we are using Photon and Playfab.

Playfab ID:

5E64

I have the old Realtime App ID

1c76dc8a-b065-48c3-9e9e-4d9af767548a

and Chat App ID

5733c74c-3b15-4097-815f-42c160f170bd

The thing is: I have created the new (a separate one) Title at Playfab to test new versions of CloudScript without affecting the current players.

Test Title ID: E4CE1

I have added the Photon add-on to the new PlayFab title and I have entered the same IDs as in the original one - I see that it was a big mistake.

Our online multiplayer feature has stoped working because of that - I mean in living game on the market.

The error message from the server is: "PhotonApplicationNotAssociatedWithTitle"

Could you check if you are able to fix that please?

Thanks,

Przemek

photon
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but I'm not clear on the issue. If the App IDs you have entered on the Photon Add-ons page in your game are the ones in your account with Exit Games, you can use them in our add-on. It sounds like you're saying that you set up two titles to use the same Photon App IDs, and that caused you an issue (players and testers joining the same rooms?). If so, what is currently preventing you from getting separate App IDs from Exit Games for your test title?

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Przemek avatar image Przemek commented ·

@Brendan For the "test Title" (E4CE1) I have set other Photon IDs already.

The old (live) Title is still not working (5E64).

EDIT: For the players the issue occurs during the logging process (so even it is not possible to get to the lobby). The repose from the PlayFab server is: "PhotonApplicationNotAssociatedWithTitle"

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Przemek commented ·

Can you please verify that the App IDs you are trying to use are ones that you got from Exit Games, and which are in your account with them? If the issue is that you're trying to re-use an App ID that was generated in the PlayFab account, that hasn't been supported since late 2017. We changed the setup process, based on extensive developer feedback, so that titles use their own App IDs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Przemek avatar image Przemek brendan commented ·

I have contacted Photon support already.

Let me quote the part of their message:

The Playfab title currently configured for your Photon appids on our side is 5E64.
Please ask them to verify, if this matches the setup on their end.
From our side there is nothing that should prevent your Photon-appids to work as before.

The original Photon IDs were configured a long time ago - that's correct, but I need them anyway - the app is live and the players can't use online multiplayer feature right now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.