question

Pavel Kolev avatar image
Pavel Kolev asked

Custom Server authentication flow for analytics

Hi all,

Just getting started with PlayFab - so far looks amazing.

We currently have a nodejs server that we want to track custom events for analytics purposes. We are trying to use https://api.playfab.com/documentation/Client/method/WriteTitleEvent

However, it requires user_session_ticket_value for X-Authentication header.

How can we obtain that? I guess the proper way should be to use the secret key but we couldn't make it work with X-SecretKey either.

So what would be the workflow for authenticating server with secret key and making request for WriteTitleEvent?

AuthenticationCustom Game Serversanalytics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

Would you be able to provide more details such as the code you are using? WriteTitleEvent API call doesn't require a user_session_ticket. If you use WriteTitleEvent from the Server API you will need to include your developer secret key in PlayFabSettings (if using Unity or Unreal).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Pavel Kolev avatar image
Pavel Kolev answered
@jital

I was missing

.set({"Accept-Encoding" : "gzip,sdch"})

That solved the problem.

However, now I can see my data on the PlayStream monitor but nothing is visualized in the Events History.

Any ideas?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Is your Event History still empty? There have been some recent changes to Events History and it may have affected your views.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.