question

Corvus Admin avatar image
Corvus Admin asked

Create Title Data for specific Segment.

Hello,

I wonder if is possible to assign Title Data per Segment. I didn't find a way to do that yet (I mean on the Playfab interface without modifying the client). Here is a use case :

-When the title is launched, there is no segment yet, every player have the same settings and access the same generic Title Data (for example MaxHealth = 50)

-After a while, I would like to differenciate US players and EU players with 2 Segments (US ans EU) and so be able to give them different MaxHealth values (60 and 70).

I can create this new behavior by adding to the client the knowledge of its Segment, but there could be a way to do that only on Playfab side by hidding the Segment information from the client.

Thanks for your answers.

Player DataTitle Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello,

Unfortunately Title Data is not able to be organized in this way, the purpose of Title Data is to have some data that affects all players. Sectioning Title Data for specific users serves the function of Shared Group Data. To accomplish your goal of modifying Player information without the client's knowledge

The best way to modify Player data based on location is done at login, just use the Location from the PlayerProfile using the PlayFabID from the loginResult.

Or a automation rule can be set up. Although right now the rule would have to be based on a customTag based on location, because there is a bug in the Location condition at this time.

Hope this helps

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Corvus Admin avatar image Corvus Admin commented ·

Hello,

thanks for the reply, I will take a look at Shared Group Data, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
jital avatar image jital ♦ Corvus Admin commented ·

Greetings,

I need to provide a correction for my answer, Title Data for specific groups in not like Shared Group Data. Please do not use Shared Group Data as apart of your solution, because Shared Group Data is designed to only be read by a small number of users. There would be issues if the number of users in a specific region read form Shared Group Data all at once.

While PlayFab doesn't provide the functionality you are looking for out of the box, what you can do is create the data you want for the different regions in Internal Title Data and then write a Cloudscript to read from the data for that region. This way large numbers of users can read the data and the segment information is hidden from the client.

I apologize for the confusion.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.