question

Jarryd Semmens avatar image
Jarryd Semmens asked

No summaries on CSharpSDK, please update!

So I'm integrating Playfab into my game, to replace Countly for telemetry and the Windows Store for In App Purchases.

But there are no summaries on the methods, making learning difficult. The documentation is being moved, and is in two locations and has a lot of gaps.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Our documentation has been moved to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/ and will keep the latest version on it. So please refer to the content of this site.

PlayFab uses SDK Generator to automatically build many SDKs and them are similar to each other in terms of API and functionality, so most of the documents are generic for you.

For summaries on the methods, API References provides the detail reference material and request&response simple of Playfab APIs, in most scenarios, you can find the one which fit your need.

If you need some documentation more targeted, you can learn a lot from this guide: CSharp Getting Started Guide. If you are building UWP APP, these tutorials will guide you through the procedure for PlayFab authentication and validating a purchase made from the Windows store: Integrating the Universal Windows platform with PlayFab & Setting up PlayFab authentication using Universal Windows Platform

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jarryd Semmens avatar image Jarryd Semmens commented ·

You have not addressed my concern.

I understand there is online documentation. I am reading it and using it.

The API itself lacks summaries. This means intellisense cannot show me useful details on how functions work, and what the values going around are for.

AppCenter does however have this, and is much easier to learn, and integrate.

As for the Windows store, I want to AVOID USING THE WINDOWS STORE API IT FOR IN APP PURCAHSE I do NOT want to integrate with the windows store. It is garbage, and bad and not going in my game ever again.

I want something agnostic, so that a game published in Android, iOS and Steam can all share the same licenses, currency and purchases. My understanding is that this is a big feature of Playfab!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jarryd Semmens commented ·

Can you give us some specifics on what it is you're trying to learn, where you're not finding appropriate documentation? We're definitely aware of the need for more documentation, and we're addressing that as quickly as we can, but knowing specifics would be very helpful.

Specific to your request, I think you're bound for disappointment. There's no such thing as a single payment provider you can use across Android, iOS, and Steam. Those platforms have specific requirements which prevents this.

On Android and iOS, you have to use their stores, or risk being de-listed from their marketplaces. This blog post gives more info on using our API calls to validate their receipts:

https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android

On Steam, we're integrated with the Steam Wallet, which is one of the payment schemes they allow. This tutorial has complete info on how to use it to make purchases:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/non-receipt-payment-processing

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.