question

rmilne avatar image
rmilne asked

After calling Admin::SetCatalogItems, Playfab website returns "Error" when trying to view the catalog

I am able to push a catalog to Playfab, using SetCatalogItems, and I am able to read that catalog back from the website, by browsing to the Economy page, and clicking the "Download JSON" button on the affected Catalog, or by using GetCatalogItems. However, if I try to *view* the catalog on the website by clicking on it, I get a dialog box which simply states "Error", displayed over the page which SHOULD show the contents of the catalog. I can see that there are the correct number of items in the catalog, because the column named "Items (n)", contains the correct count for n. I can reproduce this against a totally fresh Title. Am I by chance, bumping into some sort of Playfab website bug?

apisContent
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rmilne avatar image rmilne commented ·

After further investigation, another strange behavior has been identified. If I attempt to use the "Duplicate Catalog" button in the website for the affected catalog (which I called Main), then I am offered a chance to choose a "New catalog version". I choose "foo", then click "the Duplicate catalog" button. I am presented with "Error: The limit for the title was exceeded", even though the title is empty other than my experimental catalog. When I try to read my catalog again (using GetCatalogItems", I find that it has been altered, where all items now report that their catalogVersion is "foo", not "Main" now. I still only see one catalog, and its' name is Main but its items refer to "foo".

0 Likes 0 ·

Regarding the warning about limits - I have a catalog with 175 items, and 1 virtual currency. I'm not aware of any limits I could have exceeded. I wish it would state exactly which limit was exceeded.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What's your title ID?

0 Likes 0 ·

My TitleID is B7231

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

We believe this is a bug, the team is looking into it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

We just pushed out a fix for this. When you have a chance, please verify it's working for you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
rmilne avatar image
rmilne answered

It appears to be working fine now. Thank you for your efforts!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.