question

Jarryd Semmens avatar image
Jarryd Semmens asked

How do I get crash telemetry?

So I've got playfab in my unhandled exception catch. Now I want to correctly report, view and then make updates.

What exactly in the c# api, do I call?

What's the best practices?

The docs are still new, and lack this info.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to accomplish? It seems like you have already incorporated PlayFab errors into a error handling system you have created. But I am unsure what you are looking for as far as the PlayFab API is concerned.

Thank You

0 Likes 0 ·
Jarryd Semmens avatar image Jarryd Semmens jital ♦ commented ·

I'm catching errors in my game, and putting them into Player Events.

What I want, a table showing how many times a particular error has occurred, along with comments and a stacktrace that my app has thrown up.

I can then take this information, and make updates.

Countly did this for me previously, I cannot use this system anymore as it proved unreliable despite the wonderful charts, reports and web interface.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Currently there is no API call that will be useful for your purposes but the process to integrate Visual Studio App Center into PlayFab has begun. Here is an App Center blog post with more details.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jarryd Semmens avatar image Jarryd Semmens commented ·

Wait, I thought the App Center was the Windows Store. Where I create UWP apps, submit and can review sales and crash information.

I'm working with Steam, and later, Android.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jarryd Semmens commented ·

That's how Windows Store uses it, yes. But our AppCenter integration will allow you to track on common issues on all devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jarryd Semmens avatar image Jarryd Semmens brendan commented ·

So are you saying the dashboard I've been seeing on the Dev Center since the Windows 8 days, has been separated and made into App Center?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.