question

Dustin avatar image
Dustin asked

Error Currency not supported by provider.

I am getting "Error

Currency not supported by provider."

when trying to update a value for a currency that I added over 2 days ago. I got this before when adding a new currency, but it's been days and it's affecting my ability to help my users.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernando avatar image Hernando commented ·

If this problem still occurs in your latest test, please share your TitleID, that can help to troubleshoot your title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dustin avatar image Dustin Hernando commented ·

2F50. Still doing it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dustin avatar image Dustin commented ·

Can someone from Playfab respond to this? I pay for this service so I expect it to work. Thanks.

capture.png

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (5.9 KiB)
jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Greetings,

Can you provide more details as to what you are attempting to accomplish?

Such as what were you editing with in specific VC?

Is this VC you're editing the only one you have or does it relate to others (ex: 100 copper = 1 gold)?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dustin avatar image Dustin commented ·

Exact Process:

- Go to Economy tab on admin

- Currency tab

- Add currency (code and name, rest default values)

- Go to a player (in admin)

- Virtual Currency tab

- Click that new currency that was added

- Try to add '1' to the value, save

- gives that error message.

The rest of my VC's work fine, only the ones I added 5 days ago give this error.

0 Likes 0 ·
matthewregul avatar image matthewregul ♦ Dustin commented ·

Hello Dustin,

This issue has been confirmed and a bug has been filed. We'll updated this post as more information become avaiavble.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I was going to ask you to re-test, but looking at your title, it appears you already have (the new "PB" currency). I take it this is working for you, now?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andrew avatar image Andrew commented ·

I'm getting this today as well, reproducing it with the same steps as Dustin. I haven't modified the currency since I started this project (a few days ago)

TitleID is E9E15 currency that isn't working is "SP". The other currency "GO" works.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Andrew commented ·

Thanks for the info - we're having the dev test check in your title, so please do not change any VCs in the Economy.

0 Likes 0 ·
Talha avatar image
Talha answered

I ran into the same problem today. I deleted the virtual currency from economy but in player's virtual currency tab. it's still showing as

code DisplayName Amount

ML [Unknown] 35

titleID is F3B81

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.