question

Carm Hodzic avatar image
Carm Hodzic asked

A particular user corrupts leaderboard

This began yesterday. I have a leaderboard for total points scored playing my game. The display name for all players begins with a "Player-" prefix and then a set of random numbers after it. For this one particular user, the display name is the PlayFab ID, not the standard "Player-1234567". When I look at the leaderboards within the game, only the top score appears. Nothing else.

When I looked at the leaderboard, this player's high score matches the player in second place. I decided to clear their score to 0. This dropped the player down the list and the leaderboards seemed fixed. A few hours later, the player loaded the game and their high score again matched the player in second place. But, the player name is still the PlayFab ID, not the "Player-123456".

So I then deleted the user. This seemed to fix it, until they logged in again and once again, their score matches the person in second place and the display name is the full playfab ID. When I try to click into that player, the player doesn't exist. I'm redirected to the "View all players" list.

What should I do? I can't access this player through playfab. I can reset their score to 0 until they log in again. Whenever this individual logs in, they destroy the leaderboard. No idea how to proceed.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  • Have you check in [Settings] -> [API features], and make sure Allow client to post player statistics is disabled so that there won't be abusive uses.
  • Besides, would you tell us your Title ID so that we can look into it, because this could also be a backend data issue.
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carm Hodzic avatar image Carm Hodzic commented ·

Sure. The title ID of the player's account that keeps corrupting the leaderboard is B7630CDD6C657DEC.

If I disable "Allow client to post player statistics" wouldn't that prevent all devices from submitting their data to the playfab database?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Carm Hodzic commented ·

Sure, in normal circumstances, we will disallow users upload statistics by themselves, instead, you should implement corresponding functions in the Cloud Scripts, using Server API. The clients will only initiate a update request to Cloud Script, and functions in Cloud Script verifies the value first before call server.UpdatePlayerStatistics

In addition, we still need the Title ID in your studio, (it's 4-5 digits ID, not player ID) and you can check the URL when in your Game Manager, it's like: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[Your Title ID]/dashboard

0 Likes 0 ·
Carm Hodzic avatar image Carm Hodzic Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Ah. Sorry. The ID I see in the URL is ED92. Is that it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.