question

Pat avatar image
Pat asked

tips on playfab new user

I am currently working on creating a moba with playfab and have a few question. I am creating this for a PC with unity. 

1. Will I need to integrate photon into it for matchmaking and synching player transforms and other data for multi player?

2. Are there any video tutorials on creating an in game store where a player can buy champions, skins, and a real money currency?

3. Are there any video tutorials on creating a matchmaking system based on a player's stat like elo / MMR? 

4. Currently I have the login, register, and a home page done but the scripts are called right from client. Is this the correct way of doing it? If not how should I go about it?

Thanks for all the help! 

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sincere apologies for the delay on this response - there was an issue with notifications on the General Discussion board which prevented us seeing that we had new posts for a little while. We've updated to ensure this won't happen in future.

For your questions:

1. That depends upon your needs. If you need NAT punchthrough for realtime connections between players, then yes, you would need to use a product like Photon Cloud/Bolt, or else your own custom game servers, which we can also host.

2. Yes, here's a webinar on getting started with catalogs and stores in Unity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFnCQaUrUWI&feature=youtu.be.

3. We have a stat-based matchmaker in PlayFab, for developers using custom game servers, and there's a matchmaker in the Photon Cloud which also provides this capability. If you need to create your own, distinct matchmaking server, we can provide advice, but as that's not a service we would be providing, we don't have video tutorials on it.

4. It depends. What are the scripts doing, aside from authentication of the user (which has to be sent from the client)? Anything which has to be server-authoritative (to prevent cheating) should be managed in Cloud Script or custom game servers (http://api.playfab.com/docs/custom-game-servers/).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.