question

Leonard Kruc avatar image
Leonard Kruc asked

Multi Variable Sorting of the Leaderboard?

For our project we want to create a Leaderboard with records that can be sorted by several variables.

For example: Record has Score and Time values, and we what be able for clients to request Leaderboard sorted first by Score, then by Time.

As I understand, we can store two values by making two separate Statistics, requesting a leaderboard sorted by first statistics, then accessing the second statistics through users profile. But the problem is that it would not result in leaderboard that is sorted by two values.

Any way this sorting can be achieved?

Thanks!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
v-humcin avatar image
v-humcin answered

Unfortunately, the leaderboards do not support this feature, you can approximate it by requesting the leaderboard for the first statistic and then sorting it by the second statistic yourself, however since there is a limit to how many entries can be pulled from the leaderboards at once, this will not always be completely accurate.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Side note: We're working on an updated version of the statistics system, which will be in preview shortly. While it will not give you the ability to have a single leaderboard that can be sorted on multiple variables, it will have players ordered by score and timestamp. So I actually think what you're looking to accomplish will be taken care of in that updated system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dao avatar image Dao brendan commented ·

Hello @Brendan, when the new leaderboard will be released? I'm waiting for it too long...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.