question

jason-1 avatar image
jason-1 asked

Player not returned by GetPlayersInSegment

I have a segment set up via a "Tag equal to" condition with one player who entered the segment yesterday. Any calls using the admin API GetPlayersInSegment are returning 0 players. The call is working fine for our other segments. Is there some sort of minimum number of players or delay in a player being picked up by this call?

I can't find any open player index delay issues.

Title 15AE, Segment EF7E626C4860885A

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Hello,

I have set up a Segment with a tag condition as well, and after a few minutes the GetPlayersInSegment call returned the single player. Would you be able to send screenshots of your segment condition and tagged player?

Thank You,

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-1 avatar image jason-1 jital ♦ commented ·

I know that the tag is working because I tagged a second player and the player count in the Players -> Segments tab on PlayFab immediately incremented to 2 players.

What is very strange is that when you navigate to the Segments tab on the player account they are NOT listed as being in segment EF7E626C4860885A but they are listed as being in segment C3A8E9....

Using the admin API - exactly the same code with just the segment IDs changed - the segment C3AE9.... returns 21612 players and EF7E626C4860885A returns 0 players still after 5 days.

Note: I also have verified the Segment ID and name using the GetAllSegments API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
tag-on-player.png (22.8 KiB)
tempsnip.png (15.9 KiB)

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

This issue has been confirmed and reported as a bug. This ticket will be updated as this bug is worked on.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jason-1 avatar image jason-1 commented ·

Ok, thank you, any updates would always be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
matthewregul avatar image matthewregul ♦ jason-1 commented ·

Hello Jason,

The bug has been fixed and should be deployed next week.

Once the fix goes live, the tag you'll need to look for is "title.15AE.GDPR_EXPORT", in both Game Manager and GetPlayersInSegment(), to get the count and players with the tag.

0 Likes 0 ·
jason-1 avatar image jason-1 matthewregul ♦ commented ·

For anyone in future reading this: Confirmed fixed. In the "Tag is equal to" section in the segment you must list the full title.$titleID$.$tagName$ as commented here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/22956/putting-players-into-a-segment-based-on-tag.html

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.