question

Useong Kim avatar image
Useong Kim asked

Server internal error makes user data incomplete.

Hello.

Recently, My team reports that there are unexpected server internal error on the Automation dashboard.

Because of this error, one of my user's custom data became incomplete. So we had to fill this data manually.

Most of the time, cloud script running as usual but one or two errors per day has been occurred.

So, I have questions about this situation.

1. What cause this error and how to fix it?

2. What if I lost one of my user data because of this error? I want to restore user data who experienced this error.

- We don't have dedicated server for backup user data.

- I know I can check user data in the dashboard. but this error make user data incomplete and destroy it.

- I heard about we can export user data using email. but I can't predict error, so I have to request all user data daily basis for backup. but it sounds ridiculous.

How can I deal with it?

[Title Info - Warship/D4D8]

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image jital ♦ commented ·

Greetings,

In order to better help with the issue can you answer the following questions:

What does the failing CloudScript do, and could you post the code?

Is it the same Player's data that is being damaged when this CloudScript fails?

1 Like 1 ·
Useong Kim avatar image Useong Kim commented ·

I made a mistake keep saying server internal error. it means internal server error.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The "internal server error" message means that an unexpected error occurred. For any case where there's a common cause, we do try to make sure there's a usable error message returned. One thing in particular for Cloud Script is that you may want to turn on the PlayStream logging for the script, to see if you can get some extra information there.

In terms of "restoring" the data, if you don't have a way to re-issue the request, it's not actually possible for us to recover it, as we can't store and replay Cloud Scripts. Where is the data coming from in your case? Why can the call not be re-tried in the case of a failure?

In terms of "backing up" data, can you point me to what you're referring to? We back up all data in PlayFab regularly, but it's not possible for a title to do a daily backup on all data, as that would drive our costs up significantly (which would force us to eliminate our free tier, and/or raise prices on our paid tiers). That's something we prefer to avoid.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.