question

Cliff Cawley avatar image
Cliff Cawley asked

Bug - Calling IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability doesn't update the Dashboard

In relation to: https://community.playfab.com/questions/28757/is-there-a-way-to-increment-limited-edition-on-ite.html

If I call IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability, the Dashboard UI doesn't seem to update unless I use the dashboard to increase by filling in "Add this many items" and saving.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley commented ·

It also doesn't update the internal count correctly. If I'm using the limited item in a drop, the drop seems to fail the first time, returning no items. Then calling again it'll return one item, then fail again, then return an item. Something weird going on :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

>> If I'm using the limited item in a drop, the drop seems to fail the first time, returning no items. Then calling again it'll return one item, then fail again, then return an item. Something weird going on.

I guess that there are multiple items in your droptable, If so, only the limited item generates from droptable and the LimitedEdition of it has touched the upper limit, playfab willreturn the fail,otherwise it will return another item. You can try again to verify this.

>>If I call IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability, the Dashboard UI doesn't seem to update unless I use the dashboard to increase by filling in "Add this many items" and saving.

This should be a display issue in GameManager, we have informed the related team, thank you for your feedback.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

The LIMITED EDITION Items remaining number display bug is fixed

0 Likes 0 ·
Cliff Cawley avatar image
Cliff Cawley answered

Actually, I have have further information @Hernando

To reproduce:

Ensure there are no instances left (exhausted).

Call IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability twice to ensure there are now 2 in reserve.

Now call GrantItemsToCharacter.

The first call will succeed.

Do the call again, it will fail.

Do a third call, it will succeed.

If you repeat this process but call IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability x 3 or x 4 you can't reproduce.

It's only when there are x 2 put in reserve!

I can reproduce it every time.

4 comments
10 |1200

Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley commented ·

Hmm okay. I think the problem is there is a delay and I'm checking too soon!

But the problem still exists that the UI doesn't update in GameManager

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Cliff Cawley commented ·

Thanks for the confirmation, we have informed the related team to check this UI bug.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen franklinchen commented ·

Hello @Cliff Cawley, I just got the update that this UI issue should have been fixed, please let me know if you still see it.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.