question

Cliff Cawley avatar image
Cliff Cawley asked

Is there a way to Increment Limited Edition on item Revoke?

Is there a way to increment the limited edition count when I revoke an item from a player? I'm almost using it like a loan of an item, but I want to return the item to limited pool when I take it back.

Right now I have to have additional calls to call the admin api IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability.

Would be great if there was a property on RevokeInventoryItem and RevokeInventoryItems that allowed me to specify if I want the item to be returned to the Limited Edition 'pool' by incrementing the ItemsRemaining when I revoke.

(I'm using the character inventory as a temporary store of items the player has achieved, but if they die then the items are returned. But the limited items that don't get replenished right now when I destroy the character/revoke the items)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

The best way to implement that behaviour is to call RevokeInventoryItem and as a successful callback make an additional call to IncrementLimitedEditionItemAvailability. Although, if I understand you correctly you are already doing this best method.

If you are asking, is there a separate API call that revokes items and Increments the revoked item if it is limited edition, such an API call does not exist and the above suggest is the best way to simulate such an API call.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cliff Cawley avatar image Cliff Cawley commented ·

Thanks for the reply! Alright I will continue with this. It just means my api calls go through the roof if I'm releasing a lot of items and I need to rely on multiple requests. Hopefully this can be added in the future!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.