question

David Springate avatar image
David Springate asked

Error calling RequestMultiplayerServer: Error 12005

I'm having some issues getting started with Thunderhead.

I'm calling RequestMultiplayerServer:

I've populated the initial players (not required) and build id (the long string not the title ID).

I've set my PreferredRegions to be only AzureRegionEastUs - because that's all I have access to.

My SessionID string I've set to be the same as MatchID, I assume that's not a problem and merely has to be unique.

I set Cookie to be an empty string, I assume that's fine.

I get an error callback:

HttpStatus: "Error in WinHttpConnect, failed to connect to host"

ErrorCode: PlayFabErrorUnknownError (1039)

ErrorName: "Error in WinHttpConnect, failed to connect to host"

ErrorMessage: "Error: 12005"

UrlPath: "/MultiplayerServer/RequestMultiplayerServer"

Possibly relevant:

I noticed that when I try to connect via RDP to my server, I get the message "An internal error has occurred."

It's possible that this is an IT firewall issue but I can't help the IT department very much because I don't have any information for them about what ports are required etc.

Any suggestions?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Have you tried with Postman to see if your request work? All your settings are right. From the HttpStatus, it seems you can't connect to PlayFab services, but "Error: 12005" usually means ERROR_WINHTTP_INVALID_URL. You may also check the request you've used.

Thunderhead servers are hosted on Azure. And you can find VM's IP and port by clicking Connect button in Game Manager like

Hope this can help you in solving the RDP issue.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Springate avatar image David Springate commented ·

Thank you this was very helpful!

I used Postman to confirm that I was indeed able to create a server instance from my location, so that was helpful!

It turns out, I'm an idiot.

I use the 'instance' API and I had mixed my calls of instance API with the non-instance one.
I needed to call RequestMultiplayerServer() from my PlayFabMultiplayerInstanceAPI class instance.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.