question

eidolonsdream avatar image
eidolonsdream asked

Player data updates per second and api requests

Deciding between using azure cosmos db or playfab. I want to use playfab but I need to know once my project goes live would it be possible to increase the limits of player data value updates per/seconds and api calls/second to once every second?

limits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To increate the limits of the title, we suggest you upgrading the subscription tier and yes, you can upgrade to other tiers (Pro, Enterprise, Indie) at any time. Limits information can be reviewed at [Game Manager] -> [Settings] -> [Limits], and each entry can be modified. For more information you may directly contact with our sales team via sales@playfab.com.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

To be clear, the limit on how frequently a single key/value pair can be updated in the service isn't something we increase, generally speaking (the exception would be in an Enterprise contract). If you need a high frequency of data updates, you should be using a custom game server that can host the game state, allow players to update it and read from it at any rate you desire, and only periodically update the backend-stored data in PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.