question

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image
Jørgen Havsberg Seland asked

Matchmaking 2.0 polling throttled, and status of push notifications for matchmaking 2.0

I have two question re: the Matchmaking 2.0 API.

We are currently polling to see the status of outstanding tickets. We see that if we poll more often than ~5 seconds, the API gets throttled because of flooding. In this regard, my questions are as follows:

1. Is this to be expected, or might we be doing something wrong?
  2. What is the timeline for the push events for matchmaking tickets that are mentioned in the documentation?
    (I realize this is a big step since it involves moving parts of the API over to web sockets.)

Best,
Jørgen

apisPush NotificationslimitsMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

1. Is this to be expected, or might we be doing something wrong?

Similar to other PlayFab features, PlayFab matchmaking will restrict the number of calls you make, according to the limits configured inside the game manager. Details can be found at Settings → Limits → Matchmaking. We recommend polling for the ticket status every 10 seconds.

2. What is the timeline for the push events for matchmaking tickets that are mentioned in the documentation?

I don’t have a specific timeline to share for this feature now. Polling is still the only method for checking the status of matchmaking a ticket. Please keep an eye on our blog, as all new functionality gets written up there.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Following up on this, we've recently changed the limits on matchmaking polling such that you can now poll every 6 seconds, instead of 10. This should improve customer perceptions of matchmaking responsiveness.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.