question

Roshaan avatar image
Roshaan asked

Playfab FileManagement Compatibility with Unity Addressables?

Hi, I want to host my DLCs using Unity's new Addressable system on Playfab. Is it possible to use your file management with Addressables? Or do I have to setup some external server to host it?

Edit: I want a persistent Upload and Download URL to work

apissdksgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not very familiar with Unity Addressable, but I did a quick look at the documentation. For now, file management system that PlayFab provides is a simple feature that enable users to access resources and the only way to retrieve data from server is via GetContentDownloadUrl API call, the URL in the callback will last for approximately one hour.

The only persistent thing is the directory of resources in your repository which will be needed for the API call, and we don’t support custom servers (for file management) or persistent download URL. If you want to make uses of Unity Addressable with PlayFab File management feature, you may need lots of work to craft your own system.

Still, questions about Unity Addressable are beyond our support scope and you may find more dedicated helps from Unity community.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

The document has been provided by Unity but the main thing which matters is persistent URLs which I thought is not possible here at Playfab by looking at the API documentation. But I still wanted to confirm this so I don't have to set a custom server.

Anyway thanks for the help

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.