question

Anh Le avatar image
Anh Le asked

Remote push notification?

Hi,

Is it possible to do a remote push notification (manually) from Playfab admin?

Thanks,
Anh

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask what do you mean by "PlayFab Admin"? Is it Admin API or Game Manager? feel free to add comments to correct me.

• If it is Admin API: For now, we do doesn’t support send notification using Admin API, but there is SendPushNotification in Server API.
  • If it is Game Manager, there are different ways to send push notification. You can either click send push notification button on player details page or create a rules that will be triggered by some conditions to send push notification. In addition, Scheduled Tasks are also capable to run a Cloud Script to send push notification every specific time.

Besides, we can provide more helps if you describe your scenario more specifically.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anh Le avatar image Anh Le commented ·

Hi,

I meant Game Manager.

Currently there is not way to send the push notification freely to all users or custom segment (not a specific player) without using code. Is it correct?

When I use Firebase, I simply go to Cloud Messaging and input whatever I need to send.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Anh Le commented ·

PlayFab supports running a task (including Send Notification and Run Cloud Script) to every members in a segment. Please navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Automation] -> [Scheduled Tasks].

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.