question

georgeserban avatar image
georgeserban asked

Event Archive for DEV and LIVE environment

Hello,

I'm trying to figure it out how would we be able to split the events between DEV and LIVE environment. For example when the game is still in development we would need to test the custom events on DEV and those to be sent into an S3 bucket and when we push to LIVE those events to be sent in a different S3 bucket?

Could you please explain how are we able to perform this split on environments up until the event archive part?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

George

datatestanalytics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

georgeserban avatar image georgeserban commented ·

I can't find a way to edit my question therefore i'm posting an addition here:

The flow that i'm looking to create is where we develop the event schema for a game and then we have to test it before we push to LIVE and later on in live-ops where we add new features in the games with their respective custom events and we would need to test those events before sending it to LIVE.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Greetings,

The best way to have different environments for a PlayFab game is to create different titles. That way all aspects of the title are separated, including the events. We recommend that you have three environments Dev, Test, and Live. PlayFab provides a CLI tool you can use to copy configurations between titles.

Hope this helps

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

georgeserban avatar image georgeserban commented ·

Thanks a lot for your answer!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.