question

iniside avatar image
iniside asked

Custom Data size for Store/Catalog/Inventory is way to small

I've been prototyping game with a lot of generated items and custom data that I want to store on servers for easy configuration.

The custom data size for all catalog items is 1000 bytes. The catalog size limit is about 3000 items.

1000 bytes is barely enough for describing single item within semi complex game.

Example data I store as custom for each item:

1. Path for assets in game.

2. Descriptions

3. Gen-Data (which is base to generate instances of items with things like perks/attributes).

Will be there some update in the future that would actually allow to store something like 1000 bytes PER ITEM in catalog ?

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's incorrect. Each item in the catalog has its own CustomData field, which can be up to 1,000 characters. Can you let us know what documentation you're seeing that is causing confusion?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

iniside avatar image iniside commented ·

Hey

Sorry for confusion it seems you are right. It's not documentation, but limits page.

Catalog item custom data size
Total size of a catalog item custom data value, measured in UTF-8 encoded bytes.

It definitely says it for item. But then Limit is shows as 1000 bytes (which is per item), while other limits in that case (like Title/Player data) are show as total. Which was confusing at first.
Would be helpful to either show total limit or add "per item" which would clarify it :).
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.