question

Steve Cawood avatar image
Steve Cawood asked

Registering players in a new title

Hi,

I'm trying to create another game which uses Playfab but I can't seem to create an account via email or username if it's been used in the other title.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to progress with this. I try logging in with my previous games username and password and it says it doesn't exist & obviously my new game shows no players, so how am I supposed to see how many players I have for the new game?

I'm confused.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm not clear on what you're describing. Let's disambiguate:

If you mean developer accounts, you only need one. Your login will provide you with access to all studios for which you have any permissions to their titles.

If you mean player accounts, the logic is that all titles within a studio have the same Publisher ID. That Publisher ID defines the namespace for the authentication credentials for a player. So if a player signs into two games in the same studio, using the same Device ID login for example, that player would have the same PlayFab ID in both titles.

If the same player then signed into a title in a different studio, but with the same Device ID, that player would have a completely different PlayFab ID in that title.

If you're still not clear on what you're seeing, can you post the specifics of the API calls you are making, the parameters you're passing in, and the full error body message you're getting back?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve Cawood avatar image Steve Cawood commented ·

Thanks for the reply.

In my first game, I had all my players register with a username, email address & password. No device IDs were ever used.

In my second game, any player who registered for the first game cannot use the same email address or username as they used in the first game as it says they're already in use however, if I try to log in with the first games log in details I get an error that those details don't exist.

So now I'm not sure how to proceed, other than what I'm doing now which is use a username & password only sign in and hope the player keeps trying new usernames until they find a unique one.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Steve Cawood commented ·

The "already in use" error indicates that the email is on a master player record in your Publisher ID. So all you have to do is use the same Login... API call you do in the other title, for a pre-existing player.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Cawood avatar image Steve Cawood brendan commented ·

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.