question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

matchmaking????

Hi,

The features I want are: Like the Clash of Clan,

after the matchmaking,

It is a way to participate in the opponent's base and proceed with unit vs unit combat.

Is there a tutorial I can refer to in this case?

I do not think it's a real-time battle.

After simply loading the opponent's information, the battle will proceed in the ai way.

The rankings and tiers will increase or decrease.

I know that if you use add-ons like photons, there will be an additional cost depending on ccu.

I would be grateful if you could provide me with several possible alternatives.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

I'm afraid there is no tutorial for this as this is the thing need to be done by yourself. You will implement your own game logic for the battle. One option is that you can process this in your server with using PlayFab's multiplayer server hosting service. But for hosting your server, there will also be additional cost. Details can be find here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Since Clash of Clans is a realtime game session between two players, your choices would be:

1. Let each client run the game and share the results with each other. You would need to account for latency between clients, using some kind of lockstep operation so that you have a good way for each to indicate when actions occurred. This is generally what you would do with a solution using Photon (or our Party service, currently in private preview).

2. Use a custom game server to host the simulation, as Jay Zuo described above. You would use this if you want to insure that the session is secure, and that neither player can cheat.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.