question

mklitsner avatar image
mklitsner asked

Playfab Window Tab disappeared and namespace ServerModels does not exist error

I have seen a couple issues like this on here, but all the fixes were from a year or two ago.

The issue seems to stem from the fact that my playfab window disappeared, and because of that I can't turn on server models, so all my scripts that use server models are throwing an error. ON your set up page, the documentation states "You can move the editor extensions anywhere you want but you must retain the directory structure when doing so. If the extensions panel stops working, this is often the cause." what can I do to repair the directory structure?

This has happened before, but its hard to tell how I fixed it, since the fix isn't working this time. Last time I did a couple reimportings and reinstallations of unity, which did nothing, but then I just tried building in visual studio, and that seemed to clean the error up for some reason.

I've tried reimporting everything, reimporting just the playfab packages (this causes all my packages to produce the same directory structure error) I've reinstalled unity, deleted the whole project and tried using the latest backup, and the error persists.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

Firstly, where did you put the "PlayFabEditorExtension"? I'd recommend you just put it under Assets folder.

Secondly, when you have PlayFab related errors in your project, you may also can't find/open Editor Extension tab. You will need to fix these errors first. If you don't know how to fix, you can just comment all error code. And for your error, you can enable Server API without Editor Extension by going to Player Settings and adding ENABLE_PLAYFABSERVER_API in Scripting Define Symbols.

Then after there is no error in your project, you should be able to open Editor Extension tab.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mklitsner avatar image mklitsner commented ·

Ah! I will try that if it happens again! I was able to fix it by redownloading just the extension, and installing playfab sdk through the extension vs indivually downloading both

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.