question

afroninjamx avatar image
afroninjamx asked

Is there a way to query the data in my leaderboards?

Playfab's leaderboards are very useful, but I currently also use them to track player statistics. For example, right now I have a leaderboard for what "dimension" the player is in. (1-10). This lets me understand how far into the game each player is.

However, the data I can gather from the board itself is very limited. I can browse through the entries 20 at a time, but I can't really count the number of players on the same dimension.

I'd love to be able to say "80% of players have made it to dimension 5 or higher" but is there any way to obtain this info? Can I use cloudscript to dig into it? Or do I need to be using a service such as GameAnalytics to get this kind of functionality? I noticed that GA integration was suggested as an idea here:
https://community.playfab.com/idea/13349/gameanalytics-integration.html

Which leads me to believe that GA offers a level of stat-tracking that playfab currently does not offer.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello,

Unfortunately PlayFab doesn't provide the functionality you're looking, additionally the Gameanalytics integration is still in development with no firm release date. It is possible that the Snowflake add-on will be beneficial to you, but based on your specific example I do not believe it will.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

The best solution is going to be our upcoming updated leaderboards preview. It will allow you to attach metadata to a leaderboard entry, giving you an easy place to store your "dimension". Additionally, once a set of leaderboard entries are returned, if you want more details about each player, you can make a call to GetProfiles with the list of entity ids. This can return profile information as well as an objects you've set on the players.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.