question

Cricket_FeVR avatar image
Cricket_FeVR asked

Choose a logo from set of logos for the user from the client side - How to use pics in playfab?

My game has a set of logos from which the user can select the desired one and proceed. He even enters his player name in the game. I did that with UpdateUserData(). How to fix the logo for his game? Should I upload it in playfab or should I have it locally stored?

Player DataIn-Game EconomydataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello,

What exactly are you trying to implement? Are you attempting to save these images in the PlayerProfile, or in PlayerData?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cricket_FeVR avatar image Cricket_FeVR commented ·

I'm not sure... It's like a profile picture for their team.. It can be changed anytime

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Cricket_FeVR commented ·

I think you need a picture sharing service (like Imgur...), so that you only need to store a URL. As you can see from the player details in the Game Manager, the place that stores avatar image needs a URL.

If it is a Group, you can use Entity-related API to update Objects in the form of KVP (still using URLs). Directly upload pictures will consume your limits.

Once client retrieves the resources via URL, the picture should be stored locally.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.