question

pompeypaul avatar image
pompeypaul asked

Snowflake Addon still in Pending after 12 hours

Have attempted to add the Snowflake AddOn but it is still in Pending. I deployed Snowflake in London, as it's closest to us physically, does it HAVE to be in US-West to work?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, as stated in the Getting Started guide for Snowflake (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/getting-started-with-playfab-snowflake), you do need to create your Snowflake account in their US-West region.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pompeypaul avatar image pompeypaul commented ·

Thanks, the documentation states I should select US West, but Snowflake is offering me a choice of cloud (AWS / Azure). Only AWS offers US West (Oregon). Should I therefore use the AWS cloud? The Playfab documentation doesn't state which to use ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pompeypaul commented ·

Yes, the Snowflake offering is directly tied to our US-West instance, since that's where you'll be querying the data. Snowflake can't enable a non-US-West account to query into data in that datacenter, so your account does need to be created there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.