question

Vignesh Gunasekaran avatar image
Vignesh Gunasekaran asked

Which permission should I enable to give access to the Client for Listing and Creating Multiplayer Servers?

I've enabled the "Allow Clients to Start Games" in the Settings of Game manager. But when I try to get the List of Game Servers or List of build Summaries , I get an error in the lines of : Only Entities of the type "title" can access this API, which if I am not wrong is the Server and the clients have "title_player_account" entity.I am using the PlayFabMultiplayerAPI. What am I missing?

apisgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

It seems you are using ListMultiplayerServers and ListBuildSummaries method, these methods need an EntityToken for authentication. And as the error message suggested, this EntityToken should be the token for "title" entity.

Title Entity is the singular Entity that refers to all global information for that Title. To get this type's token, you will need to provide Secret Key with using GetEntityToken method. So yes, Title Entity should be used in server to prevent divulging the Secret Key. Thus, you can not access these methods in client.

When you enable "Allow Clients to Start Games", you are only enable the access of RequestMultiplayerServer method, which can accept player entity token ("title_player_account" entity).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

One additional comment. Please do not give your clients direct access to those APIs, the title entity token, or especially your Secret Key. If you want the clients to be able to initiate calls to those APIs, do so via Cloud Script.

1 Like 1 ·
Vignesh Gunasekaran avatar image Vignesh Gunasekaran Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the Heads up!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.