question

Gabriele Sernia avatar image
Gabriele Sernia asked

Why is LoginWithSteam so unreliable?

I've read all the docs, all the forum topics related to the infamous «Failed: /Client/LoginWithSteam: Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)»
Sometimes I get connected and then, simply quitting the game and relaunching it after a couple of minutes, it ends up with the horrible above error message.
The strangest thing is that, if I previously login with a direct Playfab PlayerID, after that successful try, often the LoginWithSteam method doesn't fail.
Often, not always.

I double and triple checked all the configurations involving APPID and WEBAPI key, Revoked and re-created the WEBAPI key from the Steamworks console a lot of times, waiting up to 4 hours before making use of it, removed and reconfigured the Steam plugin on the Playfab console, but still I cannot obtain a predictable behaviour from this kind of autentication method.

I'm very concerned about this issue, because we risk to release a game which doesn't allow a player to get connected to his Playfab inventory and economy system (store), that's the main source of earnings for our project.

Please, help me with whatever advice that solved this problem for you.
Thanks in advance.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

I believe you have read this threadand try to go through the revoke and update current Key step, followed by a lengthy period of time (maybe a day) that needs to pass before it's actually configured in Steam.

If you still see this issue, even if the App ID and Web API Key both appear correct, it is better to work with the Valve team to resolve this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.