question

Ivo avatar image
Ivo asked

Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint integration.

Hey,

I am not much experienced I just like making game on UE4 blueprints in my free time.
I have working savegame system but it only works offline.

Now I wanted to make it work in multiplayer.
But I don't even know how would I save and load player information like location, display name etc?
Is there any tutorial on this? I can't find anything.

I managed to integrate PlayFab already and made successful api calls.
I followed this tut: LINK

But I simply can't find right PlayFab nodes to make simple account registration at least.
I want to check if account exists instead of making new one every time, i tried to make it myself but it didn't work

Also I don't understand how PlayFab ID works, in a BP I used words but in Playfab website Players section ID shows as random numbers and letters.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivo avatar image Ivo commented ·

Update:

Woah it actually worked, I managed to add username and email.
But I still need help I know something is wrong and i need to save more information about account.

Player location and unlocked abilities for example...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

UE4 SDK in Playfab is similar in terms of API and functionality to other SDKs, and most of the documents are generic for you.

>> But I don't even know how would I save and load player information like location, display name etc?

Is there any tutorial on this?

As a tips, API References provides the detail reference material and request&response simple of Playfab APIs, in most scenarios, you can find the one which fit your need. For this one, GetPlayerProfile https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Client/method/GetPlayerProfile UpdateUserTitleDisplayName https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/UpdateUserTitleDisplayName can reach it.

>>But I simply can't find right PlayFab nodes to make simple account registration at least.

You can start with this guise which walk through all the aspects of logging in https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/best-login

If you have difficulty creating the registration node, please refer this:

>>I want to check if account exists instead of making new one every time, i tried to make it myself but it didn't work

In Playfab, the users who have registered call the login API(such as LoginWithCustomID) will login directly to PlayFab, the action checks if the account exists been executed in the server. So you don't have to do this in the client. By any chance, could you post your scenario?

>>Also I don't understand how PlayFab ID works, in a BP I used words but in Playfab website Players section ID shows as random numbers and letters.

PlayFabID is unique assigned ID of the userin playfab, and generated when the user is created. That should be random numbers and letters, and cannot be modified. Could you please show more detail about it in BP?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.