question

Mircea Pricop avatar image
Mircea Pricop asked

How to validate joining players with Matchmaker 2.0

I read through the documentation, and I understand how players obtain a matchmaking ticket, then poll it until they have a matchid, which contains the IP of the server to connect to.

However, on my server, how can I validate that a particular incoming player has legitimately gone through the matchmaking process (instead of, e.g. hacking their client to connect to a particular server by IP directly)?

The legacy system has a redeem ticket concept, is there a way to do this with the new system too?

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

This is explained a bit more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/multiplayer-servers#information-passed-to-the-game-server

You can get the set of InitialPlayers or query GetMatch to get more info.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mircea Pricop avatar image Mircea Pricop commented ·

Thanks for the quick response!

As far as I can see, InitialPlayers is a set of strings, what do they represent? Are they ids from the Entity Keys provided by the players to CreateTicket?

In general, is there an API reference for the GSDK that I'm missing?

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Mircea Pricop commented ·

Yeah, they are the Entity Id used in creating matchmaking ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Specifically, they should be title_player_account ids.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.