question

David Belcher avatar image
David Belcher asked

How to implement a custom authentication provider?,How to Implement a Custom Authentication Provider

Hi Playfab Community,

I am researching Playfab. I am looking to integrate our company's custom authentication service into Playfab. Our service is accessible by REST calls so it should be easy to implement. However, I cannot find any documentation on how to write scripts to handle specific Playfab API calls. Is this possible? If not is there any other way I can use a custom authentication provider?

Thanks

Authentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Belcher avatar image David Belcher commented ·

Sorry for duplication in title.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello,

The best way to have users login with your company's authentication is to call Login With Custom ID.

How this would work is users would enter their username and password for your company's service. Once authenticated on your end, you would then call Login With Custom ID, and specify the CustomID parameter of the request. This ID would be whatever it is your company uses to uniquely identify users.

Then the user would be authenticated with PlayFab. That is the basics on how this would work.

Hope this answers your question.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Also consider our OpenID Connect integration. If your auth provider implements the OIDC standard, you can configure your title in PlayFab so that we authenticate your players via service to service calls. We're light on docs for how to do it, but you configure it on the OpenID Connect tab under settings and then use something like LoginWithOpenIdConnect to login players.

1 Like 1 ·
benmadsen avatar image benmadsen Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Heh... Docs on OIDC would _sure_ be nice.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.