question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

I have a question!!!

I am impressed by the kind and detailed answer every time.

I think it's great that I moved from GameSpark to Playfab.

I have a few questions.

I'm making an idle game, and gold is growing very big.

(big long integer 64bit greater than 2.1 billion)

So I want to save the gold in the play stat statistic.

I know that play fab statistic only supports 32-bit integers Is there any way I can save gold?

The second question is I learned how to sign in to PlayPap,

but I want to set a user nickname rather than a playpap id.

(like, john or sujan etc .. not 23EDFWE3TSDFSE)

After the first registration, if you log in, you will get a popup that will let you enter your nickname

I want to enter my username.

Is there anything I can refer to?

(I am not good at coding, so I have to refer to something.)

THANKS

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Please see this thread concerning best practices on VC:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/16527/best-practices-for-recording-vitrual-currency-purc.html

In short, no, you would not use virtual currency to track the player's "balance" in an idle game in general, as those games need to update that at a higher frequency than is supported by the commerce system.

And please see this thread concerning larger VC (more than 32 bit) values:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/22604/will-virtual-currency-limit-be-increased.html

Again, summarizing: Due to some language/platform limitations, we support 32 bit (as those languages/platforms can't use 64 bit). We are working on an option to provide support for 64 bit values in some areas, but that's still not going to help if you have a typical idle game. Those games need to use bigint library values that exceed 256 bits in many cases. Supporting bigint in VC or statistics is not in our near term roadmap, so you'd want to store those values as simple save data.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jital avatar image
jital answered

Hello

To address your 64bit issue, you can save your 64bit number for gold as a unsigned 32bit number, because the player will never have a negative gold count. This way the maximum number you can save is 232 − 1.

For your log in question, I don't know how you are authenticating user right now but take a look at Login basics and Best Practices. I would recommend that you use Register PlayFab User when creating new users that way you can have the player specify their username(displayName in the API).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.