question

jpotts avatar image
jpotts asked

Any News for C# CloudScript?

I noticed in the Q1 roadmap it mentioned C# CloudScript but I didn't see any news about it at GDC and Q1 ends in a few days unless I'm mistaken.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I take it you didn't talk to any of our booth reps? Everyone had badge scanners in order to get their info for submission to our previews, and C# Cloud Script was one of the items on the preview list. That particular feature will be in private preview soon.

For completeness, the way private preview works is that the feature team supports it directly (since things can change while they're in that stage). So they have to limit the number of folks they let in at a time - a few at first, then more as they get past key validation gates. And owing to that, priority does have to go to our paid tier customers, but we will get everyone that has signed up added as soon as we can. If you want to be in the queue for the preview, just let us know your Title ID, company name, and the person we should contact (we have your email address, based on this post, if that's you).

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpotts avatar image jpotts commented ·

My apologies. I wasn’t at GDC, I was referring to the blog posts. I was mainly curious since I would rather use C# than JS but since it’s just in private preview for now then I’ll just start with JS for now. Thanks for the information.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jpotts commented ·

Sure thing. The simplest way to explain it is that we're integrating Azure Functions. So you'll have better debugging and more language options (starting with C#). So an equivalent right now would be to just create an Azure account directly and use Functions (granted, you'll have to write the base classes to make the calls to our API endpoints if you do that - we'll take care of that in Cloud Script 2.0).

0 Likes 0 ·
jpotts avatar image jpotts brendan commented ·

Thanks for the information. Only other question I have is will it have the same cold start latency issues that Azure Functions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
wojtekkluczniak avatar image
wojtekkluczniak answered

Hey @Brendan, what's the status of C# cloudscript as of now? Any plans on moving from private preview to broader audience anytime soon? We're planning to softlaunch our title in late Q1 2020, and we're wondering if we should wait for C# or explore Typescript in order to make our code easier in management.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.