question

dbubalo1987 avatar image
dbubalo1987 asked

New pricing - No Leaderboards in free tier?

Hey guys,

did I read it right that leaderboards is not supported in the normal version anymore? Leaderboards is just a basic thing in my eyes :(. Or is it only not free in combination with tournaments? I'm working on my first game and starting the serverbackend-part now after one year of development, and then I read this. But when I lookup my dashboard, leaderboards is still visible. So maybe I just missunderstood the plans in there? It would be really sad to not have the standard-leaderboards functionality, that's what every game needs to have.

Would be happy for some feedback.

Greetings,

Dario

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Do you know where you might have read that? Leaderboards are absolutely meant to continue to be part of our free offering. We do place limits on their use, of course, but I'm not aware of any changes to those limits either.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dbubalo1987 avatar image dbubalo1987 commented ·

Hey Andy,

when I click on the pricing-site it shows up

Essentials

„the four things every game needs“:

Player Profiles

Basic Analytics & Dashboards

Payments integration

Remote Configuration

Professional

Tournaments & Leaderboards

Which for me as a new User would assume that I can have leaderboards only as Professional user?

Okay then there‘s another question I have:

I looked up in the settings-> limits

And there stands that my players can have an inventory of 100 items max. Does this also count for Ingame-Skins? Because my players will have skin-parts (arms, heads and so on), many small „purchases“ - can they then have a maximum of 100 skins? I know if my game ever comes that far, I will have to pickup a bigger tier (since I‘m alone i think the indie tier) - but just to know as question.

Thank you for your answers.

Cheers,

Dario

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ dbubalo1987 commented ·

Oh, I see what you're talking about. No, that shouldn't be interpreted as a change in the free feature set. We used to have a table on the pricing page that showed something pretty similar. The gist of what it's trying to convey is that we think we have a robust leaderboards offering in the paid tiers. The free tier still allows you to use the feature but, depending on your ambitions, you may run into limits.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Andy ♦♦ commented ·

I agree that the current information on the page can be misleading. We'll update it to be more clear.

0 Likes 0 ·

okay and what about the purchase-limit? is it limited to 100 skins per player in the free tier?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, in the free tier we have a limit of 100 distinct items in a player's inventory. Stackable items beyond the first do not count against the limit. Something like player skins probably would, though.

0 Likes 0 ·

Okay and how big would the restriction be if I had an indie package?

0 Likes 0 ·

The limit on player inventory for paid tiers is 1500 items.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.