question

info-19 avatar image
info-19 asked

API calls are not getting callbacks on specific iOS model (UnitySDK)

Hello,

I've been working on playfab error handling on my project and have found an issue that (so far) only seems to happen on Iphone 5s devices. When I disconnect from WiFi and try to make a playfab API call, I'm met with a playfab error callback that has the 'Service Unavailable' error code. This is not the case for Iphone 5s devices. When disconnected, any API call will persist indefinitely for long periods of time.

Is this intended behavior with playfab API calls or something in particular with Unity's web request system? Any information on this would be appreciated.

apisunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab is a service based on RESTful API, which means it does not rely on any device, any OS. I think you may check your project configuration. According to the phenomenon you described, it can be you haven’t granted the cellular network permission. Please check the app preference and make sure you enable it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

info-19 avatar image info-19 commented ·

I thought as much. Thank you for the clarification.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anthony Demanuele avatar image
Anthony Demanuele answered

Was this ever (config issue) resolved @info-19? Or is it similar to this?
No callbacks intermittently on Unity Client API - Playfab Community

Thanks

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.