question

julianscott avatar image
julianscott asked

Unlinking from Cloudscript?

Is there a way to unlink device ids from cloudscript, using the Admin API?

(I'm trying to get around the problem of having multiple devices linked to the same account. When I use client LinkDeviceId it adds the deviceID to the linked account, and doesn't remove the old link. I need to remove that link. )

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

No, currently, PlayFab does not provide an API that can unlink accounts on the CloudScript.

We'd recommend writing code on the client to call Client.UnlinkCustomID(or UnlinkAndroidDeviceID or UnlinkIOSDeviceID) before you link to the new deviceID. The information of linked accounts you can retrieve from API GetUserAccountInfo . If you want to use this API in the client collect, you need enable to allow the client to access linked accounts ( [Setting] -> [API Feature] -> [Allow client to post player statistics]).

If you like, please post your demand scenario, It is not a proper way to unlink account. And tell us why you are doing this, we can help you check it out.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

julianscott avatar image julianscott commented ·

Yep, that's exactly what I do. I would just prefer it on the server - I feel it would be safer and easier to recover from. But thanks anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.