question

Christopher Clogg avatar image
Christopher Clogg asked

Durable + Stackable item with Consume API

Hi, I am not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I found out that clients can consume durable+stackable items. Perhaps the API is treating stackable = consumable?

Well, it's not a huge deal for us since we would never present that option to our users, but people that snoop the Playfab APIs could do it. And while that is technically also not a problem for us (they would only be punishing themselves), I think it might be weird that it's allowed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

You can refer to the last comment of Branden in this thread :https://community.playfab.com/questions/952/211213167-Can-stackable-non-consumable-items-still-be-consumed-.html

In short, Using Durable and Stackable at the same time is not a recommended usage. If you want to stack Durable item, please implement it in the client UI .

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Clogg avatar image Christopher Clogg commented ·

Well, our items were previously only 'durable', but we have users hitting our 1500 item limit right now, so I have to convert to stacking.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Christopher Clogg commented ·

If you concern about the quantity management, you can maintain it via custom data of item instance. You can use UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData API calls on Cloud Script.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher Clogg avatar image Christopher Clogg commented ·

(And it doesn't seem like we can upgrade that particular limit from the dashboard)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.