question

Roshaan avatar image
Roshaan asked

Android Build Error

Hi, I'm getting an error whenever I build the project for Android platform whereas I'm not getting any error when I build for iOS

Please check the attached screenshot for log.

I have included the server models into my script but still getting this error for Android

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Roshaan avatar image
Roshaan answered

I think I found the solution to my problem "Android build issue"

I upgraded my playfab SDK and I didn't checked the "ENABLE SERVER API" from Playfab Editor Extension. I thought it was already checked, but it wasn't. Checking it to "true" resolved my build issue.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·
  1. Like @Hernando has mentioned, it will be unsafe if you are trying to use server API on clients because there will be abusive use if a player obtains the secret key. We highly recommend you to implement server API on an external secure server or on the Cloud Script. We have to double check this with you because this is important.
  2. I am not sure what API you are using, but PlayFab is based on RESTful API and it is stateless and we do not understand what does “check verification status” mean. We can help if you provide more details.
0 Likes 0 ·
Roshaan avatar image Roshaan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I understand the thing @Hernando and you( @SethDu) told me how unsafe it is to use server api on client side code. And as I was telling Hernando that I'm using the server api just to check the verification status of my player

Please check the attached screenshot it might better explain my point

0 Likes 0 ·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

I'm not familiar with Android development, but I noticed that you used ServerModels in your code, which is only used when calling ServerAPI. Using the ServerAPI in the client side is a very dangerous behavior and it may leak your Secret Key. So it is not recommended.

If you like, please post your demand scenario, I believe that most scenes will have a safe and effective solution.

In addition, for other Unity side issues, you can get more help from the Unity Community.

1 comment
10 |1200

Roshaan avatar image Roshaan commented ·

I'm using Server API to check the verification status of my user.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.