question

Dhiraj avatar image
Dhiraj asked

Can we 'listen' to Playstream events through API?

I am looking for an API to read live Playstream events. Is there an example template or something? I haven't found anything yet.It will help if someone can point me to some example code template which uses the API.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

There is currently no API for reading live PlaySteam Events.

However, if you want to listen to a particular event, you can set triggers in [Automation]->[Rules] on it. But if you want to read all the Events in all PlaySteam, I recommend that you manually configure to send some or all of the events to your own servers via Webhooks and get a complete history of event deliveries. Or store a full copy of all events in your own AWS S3 bucket, formatted for direct import into RedShift or for processing by Elastic Map Reduce jobs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Also, if you're looking for a way to use events in order to push arbitrary data down to connected clients, the PubSub feature we have in private preview may be what you need (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/playfab-pubsub-private-preview).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.