question

bfg avatar image
bfg asked

Client API AddOrUpdateEmail not working?

For the past few days I have been able to update email addresses using PlayFabClientAPI.AddOrUpdateContactEmail

Is this a new bug?

When I entered a valid email addresses and made that call I would see the resulting email in the Game Manager in the Contact Email section. Starting today when I would make that call, the result says that it is good but the email does not show up when I refresh the Game Manager page. This is the code I am using

public void PlayFabUpdateEmail(string email)
{
	var request = new AddOrUpdateContactEmailRequest()
	{
		EmailAddress = email
	};

PlayFabClientAPI.AddOrUpdateContactEmail(request, (result) =>
        {
           Debug.Log(">PLAYFAB: AddOrUpdateContactEmail SUCCESS");
        },
        (error) =>
        {
            Debug.Log(">PLAYFAB: AddOrUpdateContactEmail FAIL");
        });
}
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy avatar image
Andy answered

Thanks for reporting the bug. This looks to have been caused by a bad feature update. We rolled it back earlier today and this issue should be fixed.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bfg avatar image bfg commented ·

Thank you so much Andy! I can verify on my end that the contact email appears. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Resul Volkan Ozcan avatar image
Resul Volkan Ozcan answered

I have exactly the same issue on IOS. Although the result is success, the Contact email is not updated in the game manager. I updated my SDK from 2.133.220502 to 2.135.220509 but still problem exists. I am updating the display name just before email, i think that causes the problem. But I wait for a success callback from PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName than update the email, so it should not cause this. This problem is only for IOS, android is working fine.

1 comment
10 |1200

Resul Volkan Ozcan avatar image Resul Volkan Ozcan commented ·

Ok the problem is fixed, it was my fault. It was because of delegate function I am using with the success callback of PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName. I had to create a local string variable then pass it to the delegate function as an argument.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.