question

kosar avatar image
kosar asked

Linking Account - Currency

I have set up my game to register the player using device ID on initial login. I have also provided a method of registering to Playfab account. Upon doing so, the device ID will be linked to the playfab account.

The issue I see here is that any currency that the player may own while they are on the device ID account will not be carried over to the registered playfab account when linked.

Im using Unreal Engine 4 just for reference.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

How did link the playfab account? It seems you are registering a new account with RegisterPlayFabUser not linking the original account with AddUsernamePassword. With linking, the player should still use the PlayFabId created with device Id. You are just adding a new method to log into this account. For more info, please see https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/account-linking.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kosar avatar image kosar commented ·

Thanks very much for that. That clarified a bit I missed out on. Appreciate it

0 Likes 0 ·
kosar avatar image
kosar answered

I don't want to create a new thread for this but how can I call the IsClientLoggedIn?

1 comment
10 |1200

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

What's the issue you are encountering?I'd suggest you create a new thread as this is a different question and not related to your original one.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.