question

tomdong avatar image
tomdong asked

Tracking customized data

Dear community,

I am a newbie and I want to know if I can collect some certain customized data by using free Tier. The customized data is about tracking how long does a user can stay in a particular scene or gameplay, how do I achieve this.. Would it require a lot of API calls?

analytics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tomdong avatar image tomdong commented ·

My questions is, how do I track customized data such as how long does a user stay in a particular scene and gamely, how many times does the user have pressed a particular button/area in a scene.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

Playfab provides Sessions to logging events to calculate Focus Time and Session Duration. However, this feature cannot calculate the duration of the player’s stay in a particular scene or the number of clicks on the button.

To prevent a title from spamming the service and impacting performance or to drain battery more quickly due to frequent calls from mobile devices, we'd recommend writing code on the client to calculate the time, and making it that saving the data locally and making a call to server every few minutes to save.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.