question

differencegames avatar image
differencegames asked

Kochava Setup Required

We have an existing Kochava account setup but the email is info@differencegames.com instead of what shows on our extension page.

Previously our Android app was visible in that account and we succesfully ran UA campaigns with it, although we weren't able to fully attribute that back into Playfab due to a limitation with Facebook campaign data. [another forum thread and email chain is connected to this.]

For some reason the Android app is no longer visible in our Kochava user account. It would be nice to get that back in case we want to run additional campaigns.

The current request we have is to be able to run UA on our iOS app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-bingo-life/id1434816051?mt=8

Can you set that up in our existing info@differencegames.com Kochava account that you created for us.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Looking at the Kochava site, they appear to be having an issue. We've reached out to their support team to get feedback on this.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kochava-support avatar image kochava-support commented ·

@Brendan - issue has been resolved. Happy to answer any questions by reaching out to support@kochava.com

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, we've confirmed that everything is back to normal. @DifferenceGames: What's the TItle ID for the game you want set up in Kochava for iOS?

0 Likes 0 ·
differencegames avatar image differencegames commented ·

It is the only app in our account, is this the ID? 720BF35D61FDEEE2

Or could be this - FEA2

This is the app on iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-bingo-life/id1434816051?mt=8

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan differencegames commented ·

Hm. That Title ID is already configured as an App in Kochava, for Android. I've created a secondary App with the same name and associated it to your Group, but can you please let us know if you're seeing any issues? The normal process is that developers have a separate Title ID for the different Kochava applications.

0 Likes 0 ·

I doubt we can change it easily now, but wouldn't you need a single TitleID if you want players to be able to continue their progress between Android and iOS devices?

I'm not sure its working but I'll follow up with Kochava first. I setup the linkID on Google yesterday and the put in the FB details but neither ad service is detecting the game properly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, you would. There are a number of reasons to have the game be only on one Title ID - I'm just saying that I'm not sure that's supported. I did set up the iOS app configuration as I would if there wasn't an Android version already in there, so hopefully it's working fine. Can you confirm?

0 Likes 0 ·

I wanted to give it some time and consult with Kochava before reporting back. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I've confirmed with Kochava that I setup things correctly on their side. However, the conversion event has not appeared on Google Ads and Facebook isn't detecting that the game is in our account and able to be advertised. These are issues that would happen if the game is not sending the events to Kochava.

Let me know if there are any options or if doing UA this way is unsupported as we are using the same title ID.

0 Likes 0 ·

Quick follow-up on this: To be clear, the Kochava integration allows us to send events to one defined app in Kochava per Title ID in PlayFab. So from a technical standpoint, you do need separate Title IDs in PlayFab for separate platforms, if you want them tracked in Kochava as separate app versions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.